The Wither King is the hardest boss of the Nether Expansion idea pack. It has 1000 health and wields multiple weapons. It spawns in the top room of each Wither Fortress. However, the door to the room is blocked by a Wither Brick, so the player must use a Blaze Pickaxe to mine their way in. Once they have hit the Wither King, the fight will begin.
In Stage 1, the Wither King will fly up to a point where it cannot be hit without a bow and start shooting Wither Skulls down on the player. It will also occasionally float down and strike them with a Stone Sword that causes Wither. The player must shoot it until it reaches 350 health, at which point it will float down to the ground.
Stage 2 is arguably the most dangerous part of the fight. In it, the Wither King will summon a Wither Skeleton for every 10 health it loses and a Wither for every 50 health it loses. It itself will fly just above the ground while hitting the player with a Netherrack Sword. Once the player gets it to 200 health (which means 14 Wither Skeletons and 3 Withers later) it will change into Stage 3.
Stage 3 is a relief after Stage 2, but it's still no piece of cake. The Wither King stops flying in this stage and puts away its Netherrack Sword. Instead it takes out its signature weapon, the Wither King's Blade, and starts chasing the player. It will also gain a Regeneration II effect. This continues until it dies.
- 1 Netherrack Sword (100% chance)
- 1 Wither King's Blade (100% chance)
- 1 Wither Sword (100% chance)
- 1 Unholy Hammer (100% chance)
- 1 Stone Sword (100% chance)
- 3 Nether Stars (100% chance)
- 1 Block of Diamond (100% chance)
- 9 Wither Skeleton Skulls (100% chance)
- 3 Wither Bricks (100% chance)
- 1 Holy Hammer (5% chance)
- Despite the fact that it is undead, the Wither King is affected by Regeneration.